Valencia, April 29, 2021.- The Participation Council of the Valencian Anti-Fraud Agency (AVAF) has held its fourth meeting since it was constituted in October 2019. The Consell is made up of civic and social organizations that work against the fraud and corruption and have among their purposes the transparency of public activity, good governance and the defense of the rights of citizens in the area of the Valencian Community.
In this fourth meeting of the Participation Council, the functional directorates of the AVAF were presenting to the participating entities the data collected in the AVAF Activity Report corresponding to the year 2020.
The Report includes the activity carried out by the Agency in 2020 in the area of training, prevention and documentation; the legal and protection area of the complainant; analysis and research; administration, recruitment and human resources and communication.
For his part, the director of the AVAF, Joan Llinares highlighted to the participating entities the increase in activity during a year marked by the COVID-19 crisis.
The different directions of the Agency were solving the doubts that the participants raised and also collecting the proposals that were formulated from these entities.
The meeting was held virtually and the following associations and entities participated:
• Foundation for Justice
• Tactical Whistleblowers
• COSITAL Valencia
• Observatori Ciutadà Contra la Corrupció (OCC)
• Transparency International Spain
• Valencian Association of Consumers and Users (AVACU)
• Spanish Association of Obliged Subjects in the Prevention of Money Laundering (ASEBLAC)
• International Baltasar Garzón Foundation (FIBGAR)
• Warning against Corruption, Whistle Blower
• Senior Program Officer of the Open Society Initative for Europe (OSIFE)
• Civic Action against Corruption
• Platform for Honesty (PlxH)
• Ciutadana Castelló Platform for Justice and Against Corruption
• Union of Technicians of the Ministry of Finance (GESTHA).
• University of Murcia
• World Compliance Association
Publication date: 04/29/2021